Developed in the mid-1990’s, the neighborhood includes a variety of house types, ranging from $300,000 homes to multimillion-dollar riverfront properties. There also plenty of homes on the Arnold Palmer-designed, Rivertowne golf course. The community is on the northern end of Mount Pleasant off of Highway 41. Residents enjoy access to tennis and swimming pool facilities as well as the community dock. Neighborhood subsections include the Isles with homes by national builder Centex, Palmetto Isle with mid-size homes, the Pointe and North Creek with custom homes, Waterfront Park (aka Rivertowne on the Wando) with Charleston-style waterfront homes, Parkers Landing with custom homes — some on deepwater lots — near the country club and the Tributary, the neighborhood’s newest subsection.
Wondering how accessible the neighborhood is to conveniences, Mt. Pleasant and the rest of the Charleston area?
- You can reach the hospital in 10 minutes.
- A Harris Teeter grocery store is located at the Rivertowne entrance.
- Boutique and name-brand shopping and the movies are just 15 minutes away.
- The Highway 41 Bridge over the Wando River leads to camping, fishing and other nature-inspired adventures as well as Daniel Island; the bridge is just two miles from the neighborhood entrance.
- Interstate 526, which leads to the Charleston International Airport, is less than a 15-minute drive.
- You’re less than 20 minutes from the Arthur Ravenel Bridge, which leads to downtown Charleston and Interstate 26.
First-phase sales at the new Tributary community in RiverTowne Country Club have been so strong, the developer, FrontDoor Communities plans to release Phase II lots later this month.
Reservations are currently being taken for 23 new lots, 15 of which afford wetlands views. That’s in addition to the 17 homes already under construction in the neighborhood.
Each Tributary home features a relaxed, 2,000 to 3,100 square feet of space, generous porches, and careful siting to take full advantage of views, breezes and access to green spaces.
Phase II Lots will be released in July. Interested buyers are encouraged to visit the fully detailed model home to reserve their lot. If interest exceeds availability, a lottery will be conducted.
Local architects Eric Brown and Eric Moser designed all of the 10 floor plans. Designs feature open floor plans and Lowcountry charm that facilitates both indoor and outdoor living. Every home is situated to take full advantage of views, breezes and access to green spaces. Meanwhile, the focus on local craftsmanship extends to unique features throughout.
Each home will feature a doorknocker, hand-hewn by Richard Guthrie of the American College of the Building Arts. Inside, Reclaimed Design Works has transformed discarded wood beams into fireplace mantels. Buyers can add other special features like locally made porch swings from Island Bed Swings and blown glass cabinet pulls from Sullivan’s Island artist Susanne Harris. Summerville Shutter Company has designed shutters for the homes.
FrontDoor Communities is developing the community, and its commitment to sustainability can be seen in the New Urbanist amenities, like pathways and public greenways. The community is nestled inRiverTowne Country Club, which features an 18-hole championship golf course and easy access to good schools, beaches and downtown Charleston.
From the developer:
Traditional Neighborhood Lifestyle in Established Golf Club Community Located off Hwy 41 in the Community of Rivertowne.
- PHASE I OVER 50% SOLD
- Lowcountry architecture designed and styled to meet your needs.
- New phase under construction; choose from 3 – 4 bedrooms, approx. 2,000 -3,100 SF; alley served parking and detached garages.
- Homes with 1st floor owner’s suite and available designer options.
- Convenient location, easy access: proximity to neighborhood commercial and golf; minutes from Town Centre, hospital, HWY 17, downtown Charleston and Isle of Palms (beach).
- Abundant amenities: beautiful landscaping, Arnold Palmer semi-private golf club, walking
trails, community dock.
- A Natural Gas Community
- ValueRate Certified to learn more visit www.sceg.com/value